Say goodbye to: unwanted fat, love handles, bra fat, bat wings, banana rolls
FDA approved non-surgical body contouring treatment.
How does CoolSculpting work? This FDA fat freezing body procedure actually kills up to 25% unwanted fat cells (and not the cells that surround them) by freezing (or crystallizing) them. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and gets rid of these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you. The frozen fat cells will be naturally eliminated from your body in the coming weeks or months. Once they are gone – they are gone for good.
Why we recommend it:
- CoolSculpting is non-invasive. No surgery & no needles.
- You can come ready to chill. Wear comfortable clothes, and plan to read, listen to music or multitask during your treatment. Most patients experience little to no discomfort, whether we’re treating one area or two.
- No downtime. You can resume normal activities immediately.
- The results are permanent and natural.
- CoolSculpting is evidence-based with proven results.
CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for 9 areas of the body
- Under the chin
- Upper arms
- Back fat
- Bra fat
- The flank area (love handles)
- And under the buttocks (banana roll)
Please schedule a consultation with a provider to learn more. Coolsculpting is available at our Ohio and Kentucky locations.
Before receiving CoolSculpting, tell your healthcare provider. If you are pregnant or may become pregnant, nursing or plan to nurse.
Prior to treatment please:
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing to your CoolSculpting® appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated
- Ensure that the skin in the area(s) to be treated is clean and free from any cuts, wounds, or lesions
- Remove all jewelry or piercings from the area(s) to be treated
- Allow photos and weight to be taken prior to the first session for the sake of pre- and post-treatment comparisons
In addition to the above instructions, we also make further recommendations for your comfort.
- Bring a spare set of clothes as the gel pads applied with the applicator may make your clothes wet. We will provide you with disposable garments if you do not have a change of clothes.
- Eat only a light meal, as some patients (in very rare cases) may feel slightly nauseated at the beginning of the treatment.
- Bring a mobile, tablet, or book to entertain yourself during the treatment session if you would like. If not, our rooms are equipped with Netflix for your convenience.
What to expect day of treatment:
- Our providers take clinical photographs to help you track your before, during, and after progress.
- Next, your provider will outline the area to be treated, apply a gel pad to create a barrier between the applicator and your skin, and then place the applicators on your body.
- As treatment begins, you’ll feel a light vacuum pressure and an intense cold. After approximately 10 minutes or so, the area being treated will become temporarily numb.
- Everyone has their own sensitivity to discomfort, but most patients do not find the treatment painful. In fact, many people say they like to read, catch up on email, watch TV shows, or even take a nap.
- When each treatment ends, the applicator(s) and gel pad are removed. The treated area is then massaged for 2 minutes to help break up the fat cells.
- On average, each treatment session is as little as 35-75 minutes per cycle (treatment), depending on the area treated. Each session is 1-3 hours on average. If you are treated with a CoolSculpting® Elite machine, dual applicators can treat two areas at the same time.
- Most patients can return to their day-to-day activities immediately after their CoolSculpting® treatment session.
- Brief tingling or stinging sensations.
- You may experience stiffness and/or transient blanching (temporary whitening of the skin) in the treated area(s).
- Slight nausea or dizziness may occur for a few minutes as your body readjusts to its natural warmth and sensation.
- Redness in the treated area(s) may persist for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed.
- Any bruising, swelling, numbness, and/or tenderness that occurs will resolve within two weeks.
What to expect following treatment:
- It is common for the treated area(s) to feel bloated or swollen in the first few weeks after treatment.
- A temporary dullness in sensation could occur for several weeks.
- At some point in the first two weeks after a treatment session, you may experience deep itching, tingling, numbness or tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area(s), strong cramping, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching, and/or soreness. Please contact our office if such symptoms persist or worsen after two weeks.
- As the body breaks down and flushes the treated fat cells, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer in the treated area(s) will take place. You may start to see to see changes as early as three weeks after your last CoolSculpting® treatment session, with full results becoming apparent after one to four months. Your body will continue to process and flush out the dead fat cells for about four months after your last session.
Long term maintenance
We recommend that you schedule a follow-up appointment around three months after each treatment session to review your results and determine whether you require further treatments to achieve the best possible fat reduction.
A CoolSculpting® treatment typically takes as little as 35-75 minutes, depending on the area treated, with treatment sessions lasting 1-3 hours on average. For most patients, two or more treatment sessions are recommended to help reach their body contouring goals.
During your consultation, discuss what areas you’d like to treat, your body contouring goals, and ask questions about treatment.
Your provider will assess if you’re a candidate for treatment and develop your personalized treatment plan.
Personalized treatment plans include how many CoolSculpting® treatment sessions you’ll need to see your desired result. A treatment session is each time you come in for a treatment appointment with your provider. Each session may include multiple CoolSculpting® treatments. For many patients, two or more treatment sessions are recommended to reach their body contouring goals.
During the procedure you may experience deep pulling, tugging, pinching, numbness or discomfort. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging and pain.
Rare side effects may occur. Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and firmness; transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area; tingling and stinging. Typically, these side effects are temporary and resolve completely. Many patients do experience redness in the treated areas for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. In rare cases, this redness may persist up to 2 weeks, but it will completely resolve itself. Talk to your doctor if these side effects persist past 2 weeks or worsen over time.
The CoolSculpting procedure is not for everyone. You should not have the CoolSculpting procedure if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia, paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, or cold agglutinin disease. The CoolSculpting procedure is not a treatment for obesity. As with any medical procedure, ask your physician if the CoolSculpting procedure is right for you.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
Wonderful experience! Dr. Montville is so kind and listens attentively.
Love this practice & Teri Greer. The staff is professional, friendly and always pleasantly helpful.
Sheryl Redlin Frazier
Lovely setting and compassionate practitioner!
I have been seen by Brooke Faught and she is wonderful. She really knows her stuff. She is down to earth and very understanding. It is like talking to your sister. I highly recommend.
I was seen quickly and the staff is so friendly. Dr. Montville is the absolute best.
Really wonderful experience. I felt heard and supported.