Say Goodbye to: skin laxity, stretch marks, scars, rippled skin, cellulite
The deepest fractional technology available – for remodeling and contouring.
What is it? Morpheus8 Body has a unique large surface tip consisting of 40 thin gold-coated microneedles, that can deliver radiofrequency energy to large areas quickly and efficiently. Equipped with “Burst Mode” technology, Morpheus8 Body automatically delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy to multiple depths in a single pulse through its gold-plated microneedles. The ability to target tissue at three different levels in millisecond intervals allows for a significant reduction in treatment time, minimizes skin injury, increases uniformity, and enables customized full-body procedures. The Morpheus8 Body system is effective for skin tightening, fat-melting, and treating cellulite and sagging skin.
Why we recommend it
The M8 is one of the most popular treatment options at HerMD. The microneedles and radiofrequency (RF) heat deep into the dermal skin layer, creating a shrink wrap-like effect, tightening the skin and fat below, resulting in shrinking, skin tightening, and smoothing – all in the same treatment.
- Skin laxity
- Crepey skin
- Stretch marks and scars
- Improves “rippled” skin
- Evens out skin texture
- Upper Arms
- Bra roll
- Above the Knees
Discuss your health history with your HerMD aesthetic provider and let them know if you have any of the following: Pacemaker/defibrillator, permanent makeup, permanent implant, recent filler or wrinkle relaxer treatment, current or history of skin cancer, pregnant or nursing, history of herpes simplex, impaired immune system, uncontrolled diabetes or thyroid dysfunction, active skin disorders in treatment area, history of keloid scarring, recent surgeries, recent chemical peel or laser treatment, isotretinoin use in last 6 months, or current anticoagulant use.
Prior to treatment please avoid:
- Sun exposure, tanning bed, sunless tanner x 2 weeks.
- Filler, wrinkle relaxer, chemical peels, laser treatments near appointment. (discuss timeline with provider).
- Excessive caffeine, alcohol, fish oil, NSAIDs (such as aspirin & ibuprofen), and vitamin E 2-3 days before and after treatment to minimize potential for bleeding/bruising.
- Stop retinol and use of active ingredient products (Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, Glycolic acid, ect) 2-3 days prior to treatment.
What to expect day of treatment:
- Please arrive with a clean face– no make-up, lotions, powders or perfumes.
- Arrive at the office at scheduled appointment time. We will take photos and apply topical numbing for 30-60 minutes depending on the treatment area.
- After numbing we will begin treatment targeted to your specific concerns and needs.
- Some discomfort is expected but we have multiple tools to help guide you through the treatment.
- Immediately after treatment, most patients will experience erythema (redness) for 1-3 days, however for more aggressive treatments this may last longer. Slight to moderate edema (swelling) and a mild to moderate sunburn sensation are also common post treatment and may last 1-3 days. Skin may crust and peel for 2-7 days depending on treatment settings.
- Before discharge a topical ointment may be applied to the face. No bandages or wraps are necessary.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, avoid scrubbing or trauma to the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation.
- The use of a zinc oxide sunblock SPF 30+ at all times after 24-48 hours.
- Multiple treatments over a period of several months may be required to achieve the desired response.
- Avoid icing the area for 48 hours.
- No NSAIDS for 24 hours.
Most patients begin to see meaningful improvement at four weeks, with complete results at the three month mark. Morpheus works best in a series of three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Morpheus8 is microneedling with radio frequency with adjustable depth (up to 4 mm) with fine surgical pins. At the end of these fine pins, radio frequency waves are emitted. The microneedles cause a controlled injury that results in formation of new collagen and elastin (the fibers responsible for skin tightening). In addition, the radio frequency waves also stimulate collagen and elastin formation. So, you have skin rejuvenation occurring from 2 different formats.
By adjusting the depth of the needles, the clinician can use the Morpheus8 to come up with a customized treatment for your specific concerns.
Yes! It can be used to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
There is minimal discomfort. You will be provided numbing cream before treatment to make it more comfortable.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
Wonderful experience! Dr. Montville is so kind and listens attentively.
Love this practice & Teri Greer. The staff is professional, friendly and always pleasantly helpful.
Sheryl Redlin Frazier
Lovely setting and compassionate practitioner!
I have been seen by Brooke Faught and she is wonderful. She really knows her stuff. She is down to earth and very understanding. It is like talking to your sister. I highly recommend.
I was seen quickly and the staff is so friendly. Dr. Montville is the absolute best.
Really wonderful experience. I felt heard and supported.