Say goodbye to: fine lines, wrinkles, folds
Restore lost volume, smooth lines, soften creases, and enhance facial contours.
What is it? Dermal fillers are used to restore volume or add volume and structure to the face. Most commonly done in the cheeks, lips, chin, and around the nose and mouth. This can help to reduce the appearance of fine line, wrinkles and folds.
Not everyone is a candidate for fillers. Be sure to discuss all health-related matters with us prior to your appointment, including all allergies. Following the treatment, you may experience mild redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, or itching at the injection sites. These moderate symptoms will usually go away within 1-4 weeks
At HerMD, we offer a full suite of dermal fillers from Juvederm and Restylane including: Volux, Voluma, Vollure, Volbella, Ultra, Ultra Plus, Refyne, Defyne Lyft, Silk and Kysse.
Why we recommend it:
Lip filler is very popular, but did you know dermal fillers can also be used to enhance multiple areas of the face. Injections can plump lips, enhance cheekbones, strengthen chins, sharpen jawlines and regain volume, too. Remember – fillers are different from botulinum toxins like Botox or Dysport, because they don’t impact muscle motion.
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Tear troughs (eye bags)
During your consultation, your aesthetic providers will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that achieves your desired look.
Pre-Treatment / Post Treatment
- Avoid medications that thin your blood such as NSAID’s, aspirin, fish oil, vitamin E 48 hours prior to treatment if possible. This will help minimize the risk of bruising.
- Avoid any major dental procedures 2 weeks before and after treatment.
- Let our team know if you are prone to cold sores as you may need to pre treat before the filler.
- You may also pretreat with Arnica tablets 3-4 days prior to reduce bruising. You may purchase tablets at our office for $12.50.
- Redness and swelling are normal and expected. Bruising may also be visible. Generally, bruising will resolve within 7-10 days.
- You may apply an ice pack (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) to help reduce swelling and bruising for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- You may experience some tenderness to the treatment area that can last for a few hours up to a few days. You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol as needed for discomfort.
- Avoid rubbing or manipulating the treatment area to avoid disrupting the filler.
- It is recommended to avoid receiving additional filler or any type of skin lasers for 2 weeks after your treatment.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are undergoing immunotherapy
- You have multiple severe allergies or a history of anaphylaxis
- You are planning to fly in the next 7-10 days
- Allergy to lidocaine
When filler is injected into the skin, it smooths out fine lines and wrinkles and plumps out areas which have lost volume. Essentially, dermal fillers work in place of diminished fat, collagen and elastin.
Hyaluronic acid (the most common filler substance) makes a great injectable as it attracts and holds onto lots of water – this water then helps create the plumping effect underneath the skin.
There’s no downtime following a filler treatment, so you’ll be able to resume your plans as usual. And any side effects you encounter should clear up within a few days of your treatment.
But, you might want to clear your calendar of important events until any signs of redness, swelling and bruising have disappeared.
Your aesthetic provider will apply a topical numbing cream to the area being injected to help reduce pain as much as possible. Most modern fillers also contain lidocaine, which will continue to numb the area with each injection.
Some areas of the face will be more sensitive than others – like the lips and nose -please, talk to your practitioner about pain management options if you’re concerned
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
I was welcomed and felt like I was being heard. The staff listened to my concerns and offered a plan for my health moving forward.
Michelle Wallace, NP, is phenomenal. I have had bad experiences with previous providers, but never at HerMD! She listens, she acts, and she follows up! I feel listened to, important, and well cared for with every visit. I will NEVER go elsewhere!
Lisa Marie Jones
Personalized attention in a beautiful and comfortable environment.
Wonderful, friendly staff! Loved Dr Hahn! She provided helpful information and treatment options.
Dr. Davidson is down right amazing. She listens to your concerns and talks to you about how to address them. The office is gorgeous, welcoming and comfortable. I am so happy I’ve switched to HerMD!
Can’t recommend highly enough.
The opening of HerMD and Amy Kinnet has changed my life. I went to 3 other doctors for pelvic pain over course of 2 years and she is the only one to take my pain seriously and look for answers. Everyone in the office is warm and welcoming. Maddie is a cheerful happy face walking in, Callen is the most personable nurse I’ve ever encountered and it’s always a positive experience all around.
Love coming here for my exams, much more pleasant experience than normal doctor offices