Say goodbye to: excess chin fat
Improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin.
How does it work? First, you will meet with one of our providers to determine if you are a good candidate for KYBELLA®. Next, we’ll decide on a treatment plan together in order to best meet your aesthetic desires safely and ethically. Then, treatment will be scheduled and administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist. At each treatment, you will receive multiple small injections under the chin. This process takes about 15 to 20 minutes. The exact number of injections will depend on the mutually agreed upon treatment plan.
Why do HerMD providers recommend Kybella?
KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment created to destroy the fat cells under the chin.
We recommend Kybella as a minimally invasive treatment option to remove fat cells underneath the chin with little downtime.
- Under chin
Pre-Treatment / Post Treatment
Pre-treatment: KYBELLA should not be used in patients who:
- Are pregnant
- Trying to become pregnant
- Have experienced severe allergies/anaphylaxis
- Have a history of nerve damage, facial paralysis, or difficulty swallowing
- KYBELLA should not be used in areas of active inflammation or infection (cysts, pimples, rash). These conditions may be contraindications to receiving the treatment.
- Notify the office of HerMD Health if you have any major dental work scheduled 2 weeks before/after the procedure, or if you have had any recent illness.
- Redness/swelling is normal for 4-7 days. Swelling is usually significant in the first couple of days to a week. Patients report a “bullfrog” appearance (fluid in the skin under the chin). This is normal.
- Numbness and mild discomfort is common for 2-4 weeks after your treatment.
- Do not rub or massage the area treated for 24 hours.
- Avoid irritants (glycolics, acids, retinoids) until all the redness/swelling resolves.
- You may apply cool compresses for 15 minutes every hour for comfort and to reduce swelling.
- Makeup may be used after 4 hours if skin is not broken or irritated.
- To prevent bruising: avoid use of aspirin, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of vitamin E for a week. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) may be taken for discomfort.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- Try to sleep propped upright with a pillow for the first 48 hours to take the pressure off your neck.
- Avoid major dental work, (excluding cleanings) for 2 weeks after treatment.
- You should immediately notify your provider if you have any questions or concerns or see any signs of problems (severe or extended: pain, redness, swelling, bruising. lumpiness, signs of infection, blood supply compromise, trouble swallowing, uneven smile or trouble with moving the mouth/chin or other). Signs of blood supply compromise include blanching or whitening/darkening/blackening of the skin, any discoloration, pain, or skin break/sloughing.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin, revealing an improved chin profile.
Our expert team of medical providers will work with you to create a treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each session you will be given multiple injections under your chin. The average number of treatments needed is between 2-4 treatments spaced at least one month apart, but in some cases, up to 6 treatments are needed. 1-3 vials will be used per treatment based on individual needs. The number of treatments and vials needed will be discussed during your consultation.
KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells into the area injected. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. Great news… this means results are permanent!
Meet with one of our expert medical providers to learn more and decide if KYBELLA® is right for you.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
I was welcomed and felt like I was being heard. The staff listened to my concerns and offered a plan for my health moving forward.
Michelle Wallace, NP, is phenomenal. I have had bad experiences with previous providers, but never at HerMD! She listens, she acts, and she follows up! I feel listened to, important, and well cared for with every visit. I will NEVER go elsewhere!
Lisa Marie Jones
Personalized attention in a beautiful and comfortable environment.
Wonderful, friendly staff! Loved Dr Hahn! She provided helpful information and treatment options.
Dr. Davidson is down right amazing. She listens to your concerns and talks to you about how to address them. The office is gorgeous, welcoming and comfortable. I am so happy I’ve switched to HerMD!
Can’t recommend highly enough.
The opening of HerMD and Amy Kinnet has changed my life. I went to 3 other doctors for pelvic pain over course of 2 years and she is the only one to take my pain seriously and look for answers. Everyone in the office is warm and welcoming. Maddie is a cheerful happy face walking in, Callen is the most personable nurse I’ve ever encountered and it’s always a positive experience all around.
Love coming here for my exams, much more pleasant experience than normal doctor offices