Say goodbye to: dead skin, peach fuzz, dirt, oil, acne, fine lines and wrinkles.
Exfoliation and hair removal that leaves your skin brighter and smoother.
What is it? Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure of shaving and exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine hair (peach fuzz). Using a scalpel and a delicate touch, we scrape the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. While exfoliating the epidermis, dermaplaning also removes fine hair on the skin.
Why we recommend it
With this painless procedure, you can achieve a fresher, cleaner, and brighter glow to your face and help your makeup penetrate the skin more smoothly and flawlessly. Fine hair on the skin often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair not only results in smoother skin, but your skin will also be healthier-looking with results lasting for 4-6 weeks.
Treats acne, minimizes pores, erases fine lines and wrinkles, and balances skin texture. Pro tip: dermaplaning can be added to your HydraFacial treatment for an extra smooth finish.
- Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer for a minimum of 7 days post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 3 days post treatment. Be sure to use sunscreen daily for two weeks following your treatment. If you must be in the sun, reapply SPF often, wear a hat, and find shade when possible.
- Avoid excessive heat for 24 hours post treatment (Strenuous exercise, saunas, steam).
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Do not scratch, pick, or rub skin aggressively.
- Do not use any facial scrubs, or exfoliators for 2 weeks.
- You may experience some mild redness or irritation for a few days following your treatment.
Dermaplaning does not hurt. In fact, it’s very relaxing!
We recommend getting it every 4-6 weeks.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
I was welcomed and felt like I was being heard. The staff listened to my concerns and offered a plan for my health moving forward.
Michelle Wallace, NP, is phenomenal. I have had bad experiences with previous providers, but never at HerMD! She listens, she acts, and she follows up! I feel listened to, important, and well cared for with every visit. I will NEVER go elsewhere!
Lisa Marie Jones
Personalized attention in a beautiful and comfortable environment.
Wonderful, friendly staff! Loved Dr Hahn! She provided helpful information and treatment options.
Dr. Davidson is down right amazing. She listens to your concerns and talks to you about how to address them. The office is gorgeous, welcoming and comfortable. I am so happy I’ve switched to HerMD!
Can’t recommend highly enough.
The opening of HerMD and Amy Kinnet has changed my life. I went to 3 other doctors for pelvic pain over course of 2 years and she is the only one to take my pain seriously and look for answers. Everyone in the office is warm and welcoming. Maddie is a cheerful happy face walking in, Callen is the most personable nurse I’ve ever encountered and it’s always a positive experience all around.
Love coming here for my exams, much more pleasant experience than normal doctor offices