Say goodbye to: acne, large pores, uneven skin, wrinkles, age spots, sunspots, acne scars.
HerMD offers peels to treat all skin types and tones.
What is it? Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin. To accomplish this task, the chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin. We personalize our chemical peel treatments to fit your individual skincare needs. A chemical peel involves using acid solution alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), and other chemical peels to remove damaged outer layers of the skin.
Why we recommend it
Chemical peels are designed to help people achieve smoother, more youthful-looking skin by treating facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. They can help you see a dramatic reduction in the appearance of sunspots and age spots. In addition, chemical peels help improve the appearance of acne, acne scars and irregularities in your skin’s pigmentation.
Treats acne, minimizes pores, balances texture, and smoothes skin.
Treatment options can range in recovery times from zero downtime to a 1-week recovery.
- Gently cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Don’t pick or pull your skin at any time after your peel, as it can cause scarring.
- Your skin will take about 4 to 7 days to completely peel depending on the strength of the peel or treatment you received. Chemical peels on the body, chest, or arms often takes longer (up to 3 weeks).
- Please do not exfoliate using a cleansing brush or any facial scrub or acid based products for 2 weeks; longer if peel is done on the body.
- Do not use any products that contain AHA, Glycolic, Retin-A, or any acne medication until your skin has finished peeling (usually 7 days, but possibly longer).
- Keep skin well hydrated by drinking at least three 8-ounce glasses of water per day, and moisturizing throughout the day with a good moisturizer both day and night.
- Refrain from waxing, tanning, or using sunbeds for 3 weeks.
- Avoid working out and sweating for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- SPF 30 or higher consistently throughout the day. Reapplying is so important for this will limit your skin from burning in the sun (even when it’s cloudy out or when sitting by a window) and will minimize the chances of more sun damage and discoloration.
Chemical peels are typically done every 4-6 weeks. Based off your skin type you may be able to receive peels closers together for best results. This will be discussed prior to your treatment with your aesthetician.
Each chemical peel can vary on the downtime you may experience. Some peels actually give 0 peeling, where others can cause peeling to happen 3 days later for up to 10 day. Prior to treatment your skincare professional will discuss what you can expect. Please note that all skin types can react differently.
YES….but only to a handful. Ask your Aesthetician if this is an add on option for you.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
I would recommend this practice/office to anyone. The people are friendly and attentive. The office is new, bright and pretty and Teri is amazing! I felt at ease and important from the time I walked in, to the time I left. Top-notch!
The whole experience with HerMD in Franklin TN from start to finish has been amazing. I was a new patient and met with Terri Greer. She was fantastic! She listened to all of my concerns and helped me sort through which options would be best for me. She spent over an hour with me and never once did I feel rushed or that she needed to get to the next appointment. She talked with me like a friend and never down to me if I had questions. I am so happy that I chose to go with HerMD and cannot recommend them enough!
I had my first ever Botox experience here and all the employees made me feel so comfortable. They are very informative and always have your best interest in mind. I can’t wait for my gyno appointment!
The office is so inviting and the staff is so knowledgeable. I really felt heard and understood when visiting the Carmel location. The women here take the time to listen to the needs of their patients and not rush them along. Hannah was my Botox injector and I’m so pleased with my results!!!Gynecological care and esthetic services all in one place, thank you for such great care.
Such a great experience. I was very nervous about my appointment due to some abnormal test results I received from my primary doctor. Teri Greer made me feel heard. She told me all of the possible scenarios, but was very calming and helped me not stress about my condition. She really put me at ease. Terri is amazing and I would highly recommend!!!
I just love everything about HerMD! The office is so girly, pretty and welcoming. Terri Greer NP is warm and caring. She always makes me feel comfortable and is extremely knowledgeable in anything and everything female! Karen Medieros RN has mad injector skills and always makes me look and feel beautiful. This is definitely an office I look forward to visiting!
Excelente facilidad, cálida y acogedora. Su personal muy amable y profesional. Mi Dra. Michelle Montville es la mejor por su carisma, empatía y se toma su tiempo en explicarte todo lo que necesitas saber
It’s so very rare to find a provider that will truly sit and listen to you and work with you. Dr. Montville is amazing and the front office goes above and beyond to help.
I have had a wonderful experience here. Staff is professional and never makes you feel like they are in hurry to run out the door. Very knowledgeable about women’s health. Finally a place that has an interest in what’s going on with women after the birthing years! Refreshing!