Say goodbye to: acne, large pores, uneven skin, wrinkles, age spots, sunspots, acne scars.
HerMD offers peels to treat all skin types and tones.
What is it? Chemical peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin. To accomplish this task, the chosen peel solution induces a controlled injury to the skin. We personalize our chemical peel treatments to fit your individual skincare needs. A chemical peel involves using acid solution alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), and other chemical peels to remove damaged outer layers of the skin.
Why we recommend it
Chemical peels are designed to help people achieve smoother, more youthful-looking skin by treating facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation. They can help you see a dramatic reduction in the appearance of sunspots and age spots. In addition, chemical peels help improve the appearance of acne, acne scars and irregularities in your skin’s pigmentation.
Treats acne, minimizes pores, balances texture, and smoothes skin.
Treatment options can range in recovery times from zero downtime to a 1-week recovery.
- Gently cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Don’t pick or pull your skin at any time after your peel, as it can cause scarring.
- Your skin will take about 4 to 7 days to completely peel depending on the strength of the peel or treatment you received. Chemical peels on the body, chest, or arms often takes longer (up to 3 weeks).
- Please do not exfoliate using a cleansing brush or any facial scrub or acid based products for 2 weeks; longer if peel is done on the body.
- Do not use any products that contain AHA, Glycolic, Retin-A, or any acne medication until your skin has finished peeling (usually 7 days, but possibly longer).
- Keep skin well hydrated by drinking at least three 8-ounce glasses of water per day, and moisturizing throughout the day with a good moisturizer both day and night.
- Refrain from waxing, tanning, or using sunbeds for 3 weeks.
- Avoid working out and sweating for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- SPF 30 or higher consistently throughout the day. Reapplying is so important for this will limit your skin from burning in the sun (even when it’s cloudy out or when sitting by a window) and will minimize the chances of more sun damage and discoloration.
Chemical peels are typically done every 4-6 weeks. Based off your skin type you may be able to receive peels closers together for best results. This will be discussed prior to your treatment with your aesthetician.
Each chemical peel can vary on the downtime you may experience. Some peels actually give 0 peeling, where others can cause peeling to happen 3 days later for up to 10 day. Prior to treatment your skincare professional will discuss what you can expect. Please note that all skin types can react differently.
YES….but only to a handful. Ask your Aesthetician if this is an add on option for you.
We’re Revolutionizing Women’s Health Care
But don’t just take our word for it…
Wonderful experience! Dr. Montville is so kind and listens attentively.
Love this practice & Teri Greer. The staff is professional, friendly and always pleasantly helpful.
Sheryl Redlin Frazier
Lovely setting and compassionate practitioner!
I have been seen by Brooke Faught and she is wonderful. She really knows her stuff. She is down to earth and very understanding. It is like talking to your sister. I highly recommend.
I was seen quickly and the staff is so friendly. Dr. Montville is the absolute best.
Really wonderful experience. I felt heard and supported.